AdGuard Dns How To Install On Android Ios And Windows. DNS Anti Ad (Ads Blocker) is one way that can be used to block ads without installing additional software on the device. The general feature of DNS no ads is using a private server as a place to store and manage data, besides that it can also prevent ads from appearing when we are browsing or playing games.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Adguard DNS
DNS Adguard is a popular DNS (Domain Name System) service used to increase security and privacy when surfing the internet. DNS itself is a system that is responsible for translating domain names into IP addresses so that computers can connect to the desired website.
As one of the best DNS services, Adguard offers excellent features such as protection from malicious ads, malware, and personal data trackers. By using Adguard, users can block access to sites that contain inappropriate content or are harmful to the security of their devices.
In addition, Adguard also has an anti-phishing mechanism that detects and blocks fake sites that try to steal sensitive user information such as passwords and credit card data. This is of course very important in maintaining online privacy and security.
dns.adguard.com is one of the DNS service provider addresses that may not be known to ordinary people. This service is similar to Cloudflare which provides services for DNS both free and paid. Adguard DNS aims to filter DNS and supports modern DNS encryption methods that are currently often used in other DNS providers. Such as DNS-over-HTTPS, DNS-over-TLS, and DNSCrypt encryption. AdGuard already has servers located all over the world. So we just need to use it with simple settings.
AdGuard DNS provides an easy and free way to block internet ads without having to install any apps on Android devices. The main DNS feature is that users can get system-wide ad-blocking or ad-support without rooting the device. Compatible with all devices, AdGuard DNS ensures a safer and more convenient ad-free web browsing experience for all users.
How to block ads with AdGuard? AdGuard offers an anti-ad DNS service that can be used on Android 11, 10 and 9.0 Pie devices without Root. This feature is also available for iOS users to apply protection to various apps and games. By using AdGuard's Private DNS Service (DNS over TLS), you can be completely covered from annoying ads while surfing the internet or playing games.
DNS Function and Meaning
DNS itself as quoted on the Wikipedia site functions as a hierarchical and decentralized naming system for computers or devices and other resources connected to the internet. DNS will translate numeric domain names into easy-to-memorize methods needed to identify services and devices to be able to communicate with networks on the internet. For example the IP number 188.8.131.52 after being routed/translated & nbsp; to DNS will or can be read with rabihdigital.com.
Another function of DNS can also be to block or unblock certain services. In AdsGuard you can block adult content or can unblock it (generally to unblock). If we use it on a cellphone or computer this DNS can block annoying ads when we use applications or browse.
How to Install AdGuard DNS on Android or Windows
This DNS also has a special application that must be installed. This applies if we want to customize the DNS service. Like if you want to block Youtube or Facebook. But we can also use AdGuard without installing anything. Of course, we just need to use it without special customization. Here's how to install and use AdGuard on mobile devices android iOS or desktop computers with Windows.
Installing DNS Adguard on Android
How to install adGuard on android can be done in the following way:
- Open settings from Android (for Android 9 and above)
- Search the connection menu
- Then open more connection settings
- Select the Private DNS menu
- Then enter this setting: dns.adguard.com
- For the easiest way, you can use DNS lookup in the search box in the settings.
How to install Adguard to block ads on iPhone / iOS
Here's how to install AdGuard iPhone or iOS
- Open the Wifi menu on iPhone or iOS
- Please select the connected Wifi then on the icon tap the exclamation mark to open the Wifi settings on the iPhone.
- Once open scroll down until you find the setting to change DNS
- Then enter the following settings into the DNS field on the iPhone: 184.108.40.206 or 220.127.116.11
How to use DNS Adguard on Mobile Devices if there are no Private DNS Settings
DNS Adguard is a service that allows users to maintain privacy and security while using the internet. By using DNS Adguard, users can block unwanted advertisements, protect against malware attacks, and control internet data usage.
To be able to use DNS Adguard on your mobile device, be it Android or iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open the “Settings” menu on your mobile device.
- Select the “Wi-Fi” or “Network & Internet” option.
- Search for the current Wi-Fi network and long-press the network name.
- Select the “Modify network” option.
- At the bottom of the page, enable the “Advanced options” option.
- Look for the “IP settings” option, then change it to the “Static” option.
- At the bottom of the page will appear fields to fill in the IP and DNS addresses.
- Type in the IP address 176.103.130.
- Next, in the “DNS 1” and “DNS 2” fields, enter the Adguard DNS addresses that correspond to your location:
- If in the United States, enter the DNS addresses: 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
- If in Europe, enter the DNS addresses: 126.96.36.199 and 136.243.147.
- If in Asia and the Pacific, enter the DNS address: 103.86.96.
- When you have finished filling in all the fields, press the “Save” button.
- Return to the Wi-Fi settings home page, turn your Wi-Fi connection off and on again.
- You can now use the internet using the configured Adguard DNS.
Note that the use of DNS Adguard will only be effective when connected to a Wi-Fi network that has been properly configured as per the steps above.
Install AdGuard Windows on Computer or Laptop
There are several ways to install Adguard on a windows laptop or desktop computer that you can use. first we will give an example or how to install a filter with DNS through the settings of the network connection. here's how:
- Open the network settings in Windows that you are using. You can use Windows search to find network settings.
- Right-click on the network icon that is currently connected then you can select Internet Protocol Version 4.
- Once open you will find the DNS settings at the bottom and change to Use the Following DNS server Addresses.
- Enter the following Adguard IP Address settings: 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206
- Then press Ok to save.
Another Way to Install Anti-Ad DNS on Laptop or Computer
DNS Adguard is a DNS service that can be used to block ads, trackers, and malicious sites on computer devices. If you often experience annoying ads that appear on various websites or are worried about the privacy of your data being exposed to online trackers, using DNS Adguard can be the right solution.
To use DNS Adguard on a computer or laptop device, there are a few steps that need to be followed:
- Open the “Internet Options” application on Windows operating systems or “Network Preferences” on MacOS.
- Select the “Connections” menu and move to the “LAN settings” tab.
- Click the “Use a proxy server for your LAN” button and enter the IP address and port of the DNS Adguard you want to use. For the IP address, you can choose between 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168 while for the port you can use 80 or 443.
- Also check the “Bypass proxy server for local addresses” option so that local internet connections such as printers and servers can still run normally.
- Click OK to save the settings.
- To ensure that you have successfully used Adguard DNS, open an internet browser such as Google Chrome and visit the site dnsleaktest.com. If you see that the DNS server used is “AdGuard DNS”, then the setup has been successful.
- In addition, you can also visit the testmyads.com website to check if ads still appear on websites that usually experience ad interference.
Now, you have successfully used DNS Adguard on your computer. By using this service, you can enjoy browsing the internet more safely and comfortably without being bothered by annoying ads.
Installing DNS on a Browser on a Computer or Laptop
In addition to the network connection settings you can also install DNS specifically in the browser you are using. Here's how to install DNS adguard in Windows on frequently used browsers, namely Opera, Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
- Open your favorite browser that you use to install DNS AdGuard to avoid being interrupted by ads while surfing.
- How to enter the settings menu to search for DNS settings
- Chrome – Setting-Security And Privacy – Advanced – Use Secure DNS With Custom
- Opera – Setting – Go To Full Browser Setting – Advanced – System – Use DNS over HTTPS click to enable – Select custom
- Mozilla Firefox – Settings – General – Network Settings – Scroll down select Enable DNS over HTTPS and change the option to Custom.
- After you can find the settings for DNS costumes in the browser enter this URL: dns.adguard.com
- Just close the settings tab to be able to use AdGuard's custom DNS
Pros and Cons of Using DNS Adguard
DNS Adguard is a type of Domain Name System (DNS) service that has many advantages but also has some disadvantages. Before deciding to use DNS Adguard, it is important to know both its advantages and disadvantages.
- Strong Online Security Protection One of the main advantages of using Adguard DNS is its strong security protection. By using this service, users can avoid various internet threats such as malware, spyware, phishing, and more. DNS Adguard automatically blocks malicious sites so as to maintain privacy and prevent personal data theft.
- Improves Internet Speed In addition to protecting against online threats, DNS Adguard can also improve users' internet speed. This is due to the caching feature that allows website access requests to not have to pass through ISP servers, saving time and improving internet performance.
- Easy to Use DNS Adguard is very easy to use as there is no need for complicated installation or setup. Simply by changing the DNS settings on the device, users can already use this service without having to download additional applications.
- Available in Multiple Platforms DNS Adguard is available in multiple platforms such as Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS so that it can be used on various devices.
- Parental Control Feature The parental control feature of DNS Adguard allows parents to restrict access to sites that are not suitable for children. This is very useful for protecting children from negative content on the internet.
- Doesn't Guarantee 100% Security While Adguard DNS has strong security protection, it does not guarantee 100% security as there is still a possibility of cyber attacks that cannot be anticipated by this service.
- Additional Settings May Be Required To optimize the use of Adguard DNS, some additional settings may be required on the user's device. This can be a little confusing for users who are not familiar with network settings.
- Cannot Filter All Types of Negative Content Despite its parental control feature, DNS Adguard cannot filter all types of negative content on the internet as there are still many sites that have not been listed in the DNS Adguard block list.
- Not Free for Commercial Use DNS Adguard is available in both free and paid versions. However, for commercial use such as in offices or companies, a paid license is required which may be a drawback for some.
- May Block Access to Safe Sites Since DNS Adguard automatically blocks malicious sites, it is possible that sites that are actually safe may also be blocked by the service. This can disrupt user access to these sites and may require adding sites to the DNS Adguard whitelist.
Those are some easy ways to use custom DNS settings from AdGuard or other DNS providers and also how to install them on Android devices and laptop computers that have Windows operating systems. After using these settings maybe from some, there will be an increase in internet speed that you can get. For the record, there are some websites that cannot use DNS Costum so if when you browse type in the web address and an error occurs you try to turn off DNS Costum Adguard. Good luck